- Ambassador Emily Leibowitz
INTRODUCING BRAND AMBASSADOR EMILY LEIBOWITZ.
“Emily grew up loving animals and calls herself a “cat enthusiast.” She currently shares her home with a rescue grey tabby and a calico. She has always loved animals, but didn’t realize the cruelty inherent in animal agriculture until she watched the documentary Vegucated. She is active in the Charleston, SC vegan community, most recently co-hosting a vegan holiday potluck and silent auction that raised over $2,000 for Cotton Branch Farm Animal Sanctuary. She also created a Facebook group, Charleston Store Bought Vegan, to help people find vegan products locally.
Emily developed a passion for beauty products when she discovered natural brands. “It felt good knowing the products weren’t laden with toxic chemicals. It just felt like I was truly caring for my skin for the first time.”
On her initial experience with EB cosmetics: “These applied very smoothly and are quite pigmented, definitely will have to use a light hand with the bronzer. Here are the steps I used to apply my make-up:
- Dot (light beige) foundation on forehead, chin, each cheek, and nose and blend with fingers or beauty blender - make sure itis blended past jaw line and into hairline so there is no line of demarcation.
- Use all over shadow brush to blend base eye shadow (fawn) all over eyelid and up to brow bone.
- Use smudger brush for darker eye shadow color (smokey mauve) and blend along lash line and into outer corner of eyelid.
- Dip angled liner brush in water and eyeliner powder (eggplant) and use small strokes along lash line starting outward in.
- Use Mascara (black) and wiggle from roots of lashes outward to build volume, repeat 2-3 times.
- Use angled contour brush to dip lightly in bronzer/blush (hibiscus bronzer) and brush on apples of cheeks outward to achieve desired affect.
- Apply lipstick (sangria).
The product I was most excited to try out was the eyeliner - such a beautiful shade! It complements my eye color nicely.” -@vegangreenbeauty